Email A/B testing examples
Kimmo Ihanus / May 17, 2021
1 min read
Here are 10 email A/B testing tricks and growth hacks to improve your email marketing performance.
- Increase both open rate and CTR% by adding a short and strong call to action to your subject line.
- Analyze when your users usually open emails and experiment with optimizing the timing.
- Increase revenue by sending a reminder email to users who did not click. In some of our projects, even 25% of sales came from reminder emails.
- Include your brand name to subject lines.
- Test different preview texts (text that is shown after the subject line).
- Short vs. long. Usually short emails that are straight to point work better.
- Increase click-through-rate with teasing content. Don’t tell everything in the main text but get the reader interested, and direct her to click forward.
- Add call-to-action element to your main images.
- Try plain text version vs. emails with images and HTML / CSS styling.
- Use Superlines to write new subject line versions and predict open rates instantly. Just choose the best working ones, and skip A/B testing.